Labels

SOL (35) Friendship (27) Love (27) LDS Church (22) Family (21) college (21) Literature (17) Poetry (17) Change (14) Christ (14) Food (14) Happiness (14) What I have been reading (14) France (12) French (12) Summer (12) inSiteful (12) the gospel (12) Perspective (11) Truth (11) thought (11) Animals (10) Travel (10) Teaching (9) America (8) Beauty (8) Creativity (8) Running (8) weird (8) world (8) Cross Country (7) From my spilling thoughts notebook (7) Stress (7) history (7) language (7) Beginnings (6) Borders (6) awkward (6) childhood (6) memories (6) self (6) Utah (5) missionaries (5) Courage (4) God (4) education (4) lists (4) middle school (4) people (4) random (4) Differences (3) FHE (3) Goals (3) Haiku (3) School (3) Sophie (3) Sports Camps (3) analogies (3) archaic and modern (3) art (3) faith (3) learning (3) quotes (3) waffles (3) Americanisms (2) Belgium (2) Biking (2) Christmas (2) Crafts (2) Fashion (2) Harry Potter (2) Prezi (2) Relationality (2) Spanish (2) The Gold List (2) birds (2) castles (2) cats (2) clothes (2) confessions (2) cookies (2) electric blanket (2) gardens (2) inspiration (2) leaves (2) lucky (2) mimes (2) mormons (2) nail polish (2) peace (2) pictures (2) politics (2) salami (2) scarves (2) trials (2) Chinese (1) Games (1) Opportunity (1) Pixar (1) Saturday (1) assignments (1) basements (1) book reviews (1) books (1) bread (1) busy (1) butter (1) chapstick (1) cleaning (1) coats (1) comical (1) creepy (1) crying (1) dinosaurs (1) dolls (1) doors (1) driving (1) dusk (1) eagles (1) easy (1) evening (1) failing (1) general conference (1) grades (1) grammar (1) growth (1) ice cream (1) indecision. sol (1) instagram (1) journey (1) lame (1) laughter (1) life (1) milk (1) mistakes (1) modern art (1) mom (1) money (1) nicknames (1) oreos (1) pens (1) priorities (1) procrastination (1) pulley (1) questions (1) razors (1) recopies (1) regionalisms (1) rejoice (1) repentance (1) royal (1) sacrifice (1) sayings (1) scripture (1) seasons (1) sickness (1) sisters (1) sleeping (1) snow (1) spiders (1) straws (1) street (1) students (1) tea (1) texting (1) trust (1) weather (1) winter (1)

Monday, June 4, 2012

Harry Potter

So maybe I will just always love Harry Potter because it is a part of my childhood, and I felt as though the whole world stopped every time a new book came out. Yes, I was one of those kids who thought maybe, just maybe I would receive a letter on my eleventh birthday. I knew spells by heart and tried out homemade butter bear recipes. Not that I was that different than many other kids my age. Even now, the most obscure Harry Potter references are appreciated by many of my peers. But the real reason I love Harry Potter is because I think it is good literature - and I am a tough critic.

Amidst the many sub-themes, the standout idea in Harry Potter is the power of love. In the series, it is so powerful that it saved lives, makes the impossible possible, and destroys all evil. Now if good literature is a reflection of reality, I would say that is pretty much right now. Love is the most powerful thing I have ever experienced. And I believe that love is only made possible through the atonement of Jesus Christ. God's love for us is so perfect that He sent His son to die for us so that we might be able to live with Him again. Through the atonement, we can come to love God and each other in a pure selfless way. I am amazed at how much my life has changed for the better as I have tried to turn it over to God and love as He loves. Here are some talks about love that I really like:

The Love of God by Dieter F. Uchtdorf
What if Love were our only Motive? by Russell T. Osguthorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment