Labels

SOL (35) Friendship (27) Love (27) LDS Church (22) Family (21) college (21) Literature (17) Poetry (17) Change (14) Christ (14) Food (14) Happiness (14) What I have been reading (14) France (12) French (12) Summer (12) inSiteful (12) the gospel (12) Perspective (11) Truth (11) thought (11) Animals (10) Travel (10) Teaching (9) America (8) Beauty (8) Creativity (8) Running (8) weird (8) world (8) Cross Country (7) From my spilling thoughts notebook (7) Stress (7) history (7) language (7) Beginnings (6) Borders (6) awkward (6) childhood (6) memories (6) self (6) Utah (5) missionaries (5) Courage (4) God (4) education (4) lists (4) middle school (4) people (4) random (4) Differences (3) FHE (3) Goals (3) Haiku (3) School (3) Sophie (3) Sports Camps (3) analogies (3) archaic and modern (3) art (3) faith (3) learning (3) quotes (3) waffles (3) Americanisms (2) Belgium (2) Biking (2) Christmas (2) Crafts (2) Fashion (2) Harry Potter (2) Prezi (2) Relationality (2) Spanish (2) The Gold List (2) birds (2) castles (2) cats (2) clothes (2) confessions (2) cookies (2) electric blanket (2) gardens (2) inspiration (2) leaves (2) lucky (2) mimes (2) mormons (2) nail polish (2) peace (2) pictures (2) politics (2) salami (2) scarves (2) trials (2) Chinese (1) Games (1) Opportunity (1) Pixar (1) Saturday (1) assignments (1) basements (1) book reviews (1) books (1) bread (1) busy (1) butter (1) chapstick (1) cleaning (1) coats (1) comical (1) creepy (1) crying (1) dinosaurs (1) dolls (1) doors (1) driving (1) dusk (1) eagles (1) easy (1) evening (1) failing (1) general conference (1) grades (1) grammar (1) growth (1) ice cream (1) indecision. sol (1) instagram (1) journey (1) lame (1) laughter (1) life (1) milk (1) mistakes (1) modern art (1) mom (1) money (1) nicknames (1) oreos (1) pens (1) priorities (1) procrastination (1) pulley (1) questions (1) razors (1) recopies (1) regionalisms (1) rejoice (1) repentance (1) royal (1) sacrifice (1) sayings (1) scripture (1) seasons (1) sickness (1) sisters (1) sleeping (1) snow (1) spiders (1) straws (1) street (1) students (1) tea (1) texting (1) trust (1) weather (1) winter (1)

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Two Kinds

There are two kinds of chocolate chip cookies: the soft buttery kind and the crumbly oaty kind. I am one hundred percent those crumbly oaty kind. Especially the kind that come out of my mama's oven. But today I ate a soft buttery chocolate chip cookie just because it was there and I was hungry. I mean some people don't even have chocolate chips cookies at all. In France, we tried really hard to make Madam host mother some chocolate chips cookies, but we couldn't find any of the ingredients. And the ingredients we did find, were a little off. So we tried okay. But back to America, there are two types of chocolate chips cookies out there, and one type is boss over the other.

It is the same with cleaning house. There are two types of cleaners out there: those who clean and those who don't. I prefer the former, 'cause I just love myself a vacuumed living room and spotless kitchen. And because of my particular tastes, it makes it pretty much necessary to spend some time cleaning. But I recently learned of a new way to clean called T-Rex cleaning. Basically it goes like this: as you are cleaning you just think about how much harder it would be if you were a T-Rex. Can you even imagine? Trying to vacuum with those little arms? Or do the dishes? You would basically have to be taking a bath in your dish water. And your face would be all squished up against the window when you cleaned the blinds. And why even ever clean the floor? You would probably have to lie down to do it and T-Rexes are dirty, so the floor would probably get dirtier, not cleaner.

Ya so I am super glad I am not a T-Rex. And super glad I have a clean apartment. Now I think I will go into my clean kitchen and make some dancing chocolate chips cookies, and while I am doing it, I will remember how grateful I am to be human, not T-Rex, because making chocolate chip cookies wouldn't be super easy either.

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I'm glad you're not a T-rex, too! Wish I was there to eat chocolate chip cookies with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was laughing out loud reading this, still am!

    ReplyDelete