Labels

SOL (35) Friendship (27) Love (27) LDS Church (22) Family (21) college (21) Literature (17) Poetry (17) Change (14) Christ (14) Food (14) Happiness (14) What I have been reading (14) France (12) French (12) Summer (12) inSiteful (12) the gospel (12) Perspective (11) Truth (11) thought (11) Animals (10) Travel (10) Teaching (9) America (8) Beauty (8) Creativity (8) Running (8) weird (8) world (8) Cross Country (7) From my spilling thoughts notebook (7) Stress (7) history (7) language (7) Beginnings (6) Borders (6) awkward (6) childhood (6) memories (6) self (6) Utah (5) missionaries (5) Courage (4) God (4) education (4) lists (4) middle school (4) people (4) random (4) Differences (3) FHE (3) Goals (3) Haiku (3) School (3) Sophie (3) Sports Camps (3) analogies (3) archaic and modern (3) art (3) faith (3) learning (3) quotes (3) waffles (3) Americanisms (2) Belgium (2) Biking (2) Christmas (2) Crafts (2) Fashion (2) Harry Potter (2) Prezi (2) Relationality (2) Spanish (2) The Gold List (2) birds (2) castles (2) cats (2) clothes (2) confessions (2) cookies (2) electric blanket (2) gardens (2) inspiration (2) leaves (2) lucky (2) mimes (2) mormons (2) nail polish (2) peace (2) pictures (2) politics (2) salami (2) scarves (2) trials (2) Chinese (1) Games (1) Opportunity (1) Pixar (1) Saturday (1) assignments (1) basements (1) book reviews (1) books (1) bread (1) busy (1) butter (1) chapstick (1) cleaning (1) coats (1) comical (1) creepy (1) crying (1) dinosaurs (1) dolls (1) doors (1) driving (1) dusk (1) eagles (1) easy (1) evening (1) failing (1) general conference (1) grades (1) grammar (1) growth (1) ice cream (1) indecision. sol (1) instagram (1) journey (1) lame (1) laughter (1) life (1) milk (1) mistakes (1) modern art (1) mom (1) money (1) nicknames (1) oreos (1) pens (1) priorities (1) procrastination (1) pulley (1) questions (1) razors (1) recopies (1) regionalisms (1) rejoice (1) repentance (1) royal (1) sacrifice (1) sayings (1) scripture (1) seasons (1) sickness (1) sisters (1) sleeping (1) snow (1) spiders (1) straws (1) street (1) students (1) tea (1) texting (1) trust (1) weather (1) winter (1)

Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Braid

So I am a pen snob, pen connoisseur, pen snob. When I have a Pilot G-2 sweeping beneath my fingers, uhm-hm, I am figure skating on paper. They are très expensive, but they are worth it. I am worth it. My handwriting is worth it. The 05 sized tip rocks this world with its precise little curvy y's.

Speaking of Y's, why do I keep eating this store bought, homemade oreos? Sarah brought home a huge bag left over from her work. Faith and I took one bite and she threw her's away. But, guess what, the more gross cookies you eat, the better they start to taste. You can count on that statement right there. Or maybe they have drugs in them or poison. Do you ever feel like you are being poisoned? Me neither.

Back to pens, a trusty G-2 just ended it's career in my many notebooks. Respectable career, I would say; unlike those pens that only work half the time you touch them to paper. Today in one of my meetings, a guy I know made a pretty chill analogy about that. We don't want to be like those lazy pens that only work when they feel like it. We are depending on them to write when we need them. Like so, God is depending on us to be ready and willing when He wants to use us to be instruments in his hand. If we are not ready or able, He can easily just use another pen, another person, but we will miss out. Let me just tell ya, I want to be a G-2. That pen you can always rely on to get the job done and do it well.

Also, speaking of the Gospel, I found this great scripture that reminds me of being an ambassador of Christ, always standing as a witness for Him, not just in what we say, but also in what we do and how we live. From the Book of Mormon: Alma 17:11

I know I never related this gross cookies. Eating them does remind me of a story my grandma once told me. She once, as a little girl, refused to try chocolate. Yes, let's take a moment to get past how cray-cray this is. She was afraid she wouldn't like it because well, it was just a strange brown blob. Of course, she now realizes her foolishness. Likewise, I have really been enjoying these cookies that I once didn't love, but now I see their greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment