Labels

SOL (35) Friendship (27) Love (27) LDS Church (22) Family (21) college (21) Literature (17) Poetry (17) Change (14) Christ (14) Food (14) Happiness (14) What I have been reading (14) France (12) French (12) Summer (12) inSiteful (12) the gospel (12) Perspective (11) Truth (11) thought (11) Animals (10) Travel (10) Teaching (9) America (8) Beauty (8) Creativity (8) Running (8) weird (8) world (8) Cross Country (7) From my spilling thoughts notebook (7) Stress (7) history (7) language (7) Beginnings (6) Borders (6) awkward (6) childhood (6) memories (6) self (6) Utah (5) missionaries (5) Courage (4) God (4) education (4) lists (4) middle school (4) people (4) random (4) Differences (3) FHE (3) Goals (3) Haiku (3) School (3) Sophie (3) Sports Camps (3) analogies (3) archaic and modern (3) art (3) faith (3) learning (3) quotes (3) waffles (3) Americanisms (2) Belgium (2) Biking (2) Christmas (2) Crafts (2) Fashion (2) Harry Potter (2) Prezi (2) Relationality (2) Spanish (2) The Gold List (2) birds (2) castles (2) cats (2) clothes (2) confessions (2) cookies (2) electric blanket (2) gardens (2) inspiration (2) leaves (2) lucky (2) mimes (2) mormons (2) nail polish (2) peace (2) pictures (2) politics (2) salami (2) scarves (2) trials (2) Chinese (1) Games (1) Opportunity (1) Pixar (1) Saturday (1) assignments (1) basements (1) book reviews (1) books (1) bread (1) busy (1) butter (1) chapstick (1) cleaning (1) coats (1) comical (1) creepy (1) crying (1) dinosaurs (1) dolls (1) doors (1) driving (1) dusk (1) eagles (1) easy (1) evening (1) failing (1) general conference (1) grades (1) grammar (1) growth (1) ice cream (1) indecision. sol (1) instagram (1) journey (1) lame (1) laughter (1) life (1) milk (1) mistakes (1) modern art (1) mom (1) money (1) nicknames (1) oreos (1) pens (1) priorities (1) procrastination (1) pulley (1) questions (1) razors (1) recopies (1) regionalisms (1) rejoice (1) repentance (1) royal (1) sacrifice (1) sayings (1) scripture (1) seasons (1) sickness (1) sisters (1) sleeping (1) snow (1) spiders (1) straws (1) street (1) students (1) tea (1) texting (1) trust (1) weather (1) winter (1)

Friday, March 1, 2013

Third Graders

Today I subbed in a third grade class. I was in the classroom looking over the lesson plan when the class walked in. The first thing a girl said to me was "I get really itchy. I have eczema." And so the day began. Third graders are probably one of the cutest species roaming around. My favorite part of the day was at recess when they were playing on teams and they all put their arms around each other. They even pulled the shy kids in. They love each other, poke each other, tattle on each other, throw things at each other, but they really are so eager to be good and to learn. And my absolute favorite thing is reading to them. I love when I close the book and they beg me to keep reading. Maybe when I am a high school teacher I should bring some third graders in to teach my students a lesson. Love to learn and love to love.

A little girl drew this for me.

4 comments:

  1. Third graders are awesome...they soak up every bit of life around them....very different from that too-cool high school crowd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture at the top of your blog! Your post today is such a wonderful celebration of this grade. My daughter is a third grader, so it was fun to read your post and consider it through the lens of her and her class right now.

    When you post on Two Writing Teachers, make sure that you put the link for your individual post, rather than your general blog address. As part of the tech team, I will put a reply with your correct link on their blog. Please let me know if you are not sure how to get your correct link. One of the ways that I do it is that when I click publish and it takes me to my dashboard, I click the view button. Then it brings up the exact post with its individual link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The answer to that math problem in the picture is $3. I'm so good at math!

    ReplyDelete